R.I.P my PS3..... T_T


  My Fat, old 80GB- backward compatibility - PS3 died when I was playing Modern Warfare 3 last Friday night. I didn't know what to say. I have PS1, PS2, and PSP. None of them ever broke down. I tried to google about this. Lots of people mention  'Yellow Light of Death', so called YLOD.


  It is similar symptom of Red Ring in Xbox 360, which happens fairly low with PS3. Well, since my PS3 has died, that doesn't really matter. It's been more than 3 yrs old - warranty is gone, of course. If I contacted SONY, I need to pay 150 $ + TAX and wait for about a month. I don't have that money right now - I was even thinking buy a new one and use it until I get my old one back. I wanted to continue playing MW2 that much. Maybe I'm too crazy about this. -_-


  I heard one of my Facebook buddy fixed his PS3 very quick with lower budget. I talked to him right away and found out that there are people in Craiglist who fixes this and charge 60-80 bucks. Well, I don't have choice, right ? I've contacted one of them where he fixes PS3 on site. There were even waiting line ! I fixes mine in 40 minutes !!! What a guy. I've also found this Youtube video for those who want to fix their machine by themselves.


  The guy fixed my PS3 used similar type of technique but he used his own machine where it generates heat evenly on everything. He said using industrial heat gun could damage the board if you point the heat gun in one spot longer than others. After he did whatever he does, he hooked it up on his old TV and Voila ! It works !!!

  He even gave me the receipt with the fixing date and my PS3 serial number - he even told me I can bring it back and getting fixed for free if it breaks again within 6 months. :D Yay ! I am going back to MW2 tonight !!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails