Reviving Blackberry phone from brick status


  My blackberry turned into so-called 'brick'.

  I was just checking e-mails and the screen started On/Off for no reason. And then boom ! I've got a white screen just like the picture below. JVM Error 529. I've tried every possible stuffs like resetting the system, taking out battery, and taking in/out memory card. Only one thing I can think of is that I've updated OS and installed some Korean/Japanese IME that no one knows where this is from. Something must be wrong or it became worst combination.



Example : Image from Google search

  I've looked up that JVM error code. It says file is corrupted so the system cannot browsing, whatever. I've got this white screen and couldn't really do anything, anyway. I can connect my BB to PC and I could only browse file from my external memory card.

  I've decided to wipe out the system and re-install OS.

  This post is about what I did and how I figured it out working back again. I'm not an expert on this so if  you find anything wrong on this, please let me know. I'll correct them. This is just my trial and error.

Caution !
  My blackberry is 8330 Curve, and I'm using Telus Mobility. I asked around and no one really got help on this type of things from their company so I did it myself and I really hate the idea sending my phone for service for more than a few days. So please contact your service provider and find out what is available for you before do this. 

1. Open up file explorer on your PC. Go into 'Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / Apploader'

2. Delete 'vendor.xml' file.

3. Make sure Blackberry Desktop Manager is not running. If it is running, close it.

4. Open up command window (Hit Window key + R and type 'cmd' and enter)

5. Type as below


6. When you hit enter, it will start installing OS. You will lose all of your data and settings. Well, I really didn't have choice because I couldn't get an access to its' file system anyway. This is why it is important  backing up your system...

7. It took me more than half an hour so just leave the system for a while.

8. Make sure take out your battery from the system and put them back in a few minutes later. This will fresh up the system.

9. When you turn it on again, it should work most of the cases. Don't forget to go to the menu 'Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table' and select 'Register Now'. I think when OS is installed, all of the settings are reset and the system needs to be registered again on their network. I've got an email saying that my system has been registered after this.

  Here is the link for JVM Error Code.
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/javaknowledge/general/kpa0307163334.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails