Start making 1:60 scale Zaku (Old Model) !



1:60 scale old model Zaku (mass-production type)

  I used to have 1:144 scale Z'gok on my desk at work. One day, one of my co-worker saw this and asked me if I made this. He was kinda happy to see that he found someone who enjoys this kinda stuffs. He told me later that he's had lots of plastic model kits that he bought long long time ago and never built them because of no time. He thought he would find some time later on so kept them all. Now he is getting married soon, and his fiance saw all of these model kits. She told him that she will get rid of them right away when she moves in so he had better get rid of them by himself. He was actually looking for someone who would take them all, appreciate them, and make them all nicely. :)

 He said he would give all of them to me for free !!! I felt even worse when I actually saw them. It would barely fit in 2 bags of 80 litter garbage bag. All these for free ??? No way !!! I told him that he can choose one of them - and I will model and paint it as I make one of my biggest project and give it back to him. I don't think his future wife wouldn't mind just one, finished model for display. Right ? And there you go, this is the one that he chose.

This is one third of what I've got that day from his place. 
I will post the rest of stuffs next time.

He also said that I can finish it whenever I can, I don't have to rush - he knows how long or how far you can go with this types of stuffs. When I brought them all home, my wife told me :

  "What a nice co-worker you have ! Finish this as soon as you can before he changes his mind !".

I love my wife, she doesn't say 'Get rid of it',  she actually likes what I had for free. :D

  Check out old Bandai Logo !

Zaku Mass-production type 

I used to build models as straight or finished with brush painting and that was it. I couldn't afford to buy airbrush or anything else to make them better. I also never give out my model as a gift because it wasn't good anyway. Now things have changed, I have airbrush with compressor, all the paints and this is a good excuse to build them with my wife's approval. :)

Glues were all dried up and it came with metal parts for holding batteries

I found that this model was made on 1982. 27 years old model ! This model was made in Japan, went to Hongkong, and came to Canada. What a journey. My Co-worker said he bought this in Hongkong when it is came out.

Such a simple hand parts, just 2 pieces !

  You can see how simple it was in 80's ! Can you see that hand parts ? Well, 1:60 scale matches Perfect Grade models these days. You can tell how much it gets improved these days. Every finger joints rotate in PG, right ? I almost feel like I need to sculpt hand part.

It says 'Light bulb is sold separately'.

This amazed me when I saw for the first time ! Bandai offered this type of gimmick already in 27 years ago ! Can you imagine a little boy get this, open it and found out that he can make its' eye glow ??? Two AA size batteries can be put into its' chest and can be wires through its' neck. It must be very expensive when he bought this. Maybe his family is rich, I don't know.

This is the end of the posting this time, I was going to send him some pictures for the progress anyway so this will be a good chance for me to post WIP for this one. You can check my WIP category time to time to see how this one is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails